NewsArtquest Widening Participation (AWP) Internship 2017
We are delighted to be teaming up with Artquest for the 3rd year running to offer an AWP Internship placement at Peckham Platform. AWP Internships is an annual internship scheme that places recent graduates from University of the Arts London in high-quality internships at some of London’s most respected small scale arts organisations.
As an intern at Peckham Platform you will learn about the day-to-day operations of an art organisation in the heart of Peckham, with a specific focus on contemporary socially-engaged art practice. You will learn about the process of planning, executing and promoting exhibitions and events at a publicly-funded gallery.
Each intern receives
• A paid role at some of London’s most respected small scale arts organisations (paid above the London Living Wage at £9.80 per hour)
• Paid annual leave
• A mid-term review of progress halfway through their internship
• Induction and orientation from their host organisation
• An exit interview and evaluation
• A reference for future job and internship opportunities.
AWP Internships are supported by the UAL Outreach programme and applicants must be from this background.
To apply for an AWP Internship, you must:
• Be graduating from a BA course from one of University Arts London colleges finishing in the year of the internship. Those completing MA or other higher courses are not eligible for the AWP programme
• Not enrolled on any course of study during the period of the internship
• Come from a family where neither parent has been to University
• Qualify as home students. The AWP Internships programme cannot support work visa applications.
For more information on the AWP Internships programme, including details of how to apply please visit the Artquest website.
The application deadline is now close.