NewsArtquest Widening Participation (AWP) Internship 2016
We are delighted to be teaming up with Artquest for the 2nd year running to offer an AWP Internship placement at Peckham Platform.
AWP Internships is an annual programme providing recent graduates from the University of the Arts London Widening Participation programme with internships at Common Practice and other respected arts organisations.
As an intern at Peckham Platform you will learn about the day-to-day operations of an art gallery in the heart of Peckham, with a specific focus on contemporary socially-engaged art practice. You will learn about the process of planning, executing and promoting exhibitions and events at a publicly-funded gallery.
Each intern receives:
• A part-time, paid role (at £9.15 p/h) at one of London’s most respected small-scale arts organisations for a period of 6 months
• A mid-term review of progress halfway through their internship
• Induction and orientation from their host organisation
• An exit interview and evaluation
• A reference for future job and internship opportunities
AWP Internships are supported by UAL’s Widening Participation programme and applicants must be from this background.
To apply for an AWP Internship, you must:
• Be graduating from a BA course from one of University of the Arts London Colleges finishing in the year of the internship
(Please note that Postrgrads completing MA Courses and similar are not eligible)
• Not be enrolled on a course of study during the period of the internship
• Come from a family where neither parent has been to university
• Have permission to work in the UK (please note Artquest cannot support visa applications)
For more information on the AWP Internships programme please visit the Artquest website.
If you are eligible to apply, please email Nick Kaplony: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
The application deadline is 10am on Monday 18 July 2016.