NewsPeer Forum 2019 at Peckham Platform
Closing Date: 10am on 08 July 2019
Applications are now open for Artquest’s annual Peer Mentoring programme, PEER FORUM to assist artists by providing them with the funding, space and resources necessary to establish their own peer mentoring groups.
The 2018 PEER FORUM at Peckham Platform was awarded to Alicja Rogalska who held sessions with a group of artists including Rosalie Schweiker, Daniel Dressel, They Are Here, Vlad Morariu, Sophie Chapman + Kerri Jefferis, Kathrin Böhm, Joon Lynn Goh, Kasia Sobucka, Sahra Hersi and Jasleen Kaur.
A number of art spaces have partnered with Artquest to provide an exciting opportunity to foster relationships with their host organisation. Funding will provide 4 artists peer-mentoring groups with regular meet-ups over a 6 month period at different art spaces.
If selected, artists and groups will receive:
• An all-inclusive award of £1,800 to run 6 peer mentoring sessions over a 6-month period, consisting of 10-12 other artists. At Peckham Platform, we are looking to support artists with a clear social focus to their practice.
• A space provided by one of Artquest’s project partners for the peer-mentoring sessions to take place (and in some cases basic refreshments and presentation equipment).
Strong proposals include:
• A priority of structured and quality feedback on participants practices.
• The strengthening and development of existing networks and relationships of applicants.
• An expressed connection between the practices of the proposed members of the group.
Artists awarded this opportunity coordinate all aspects of the peer mentoring sessions, liasing with host organisations and participating artists to arrange a mutually agreeable time for peer mentoring sessions to take place
Click HERE to apply for this opportunity.