Now is an exciting phase in the development of Peckham Platform. Our campaign, Everyone’s Platform, will secure our future and equip us with vital tools to enable our ambitious plans to expand our reach and impact via socially engaged and community driven programmes.
In 2023 we will open our physical doors in an exceptional new venue on Peckham Square. As a permanent home for our groundbreaking work, this larger, redeveloped gallery will welcome all communities as we build on 10 years at the forefront of social art.
This opportunity has been hard won through a competitive process and we are thankful for the support of the London Borough of Southwark which helped us make our case.
In a post-COVID and rapidly gentrifying Peckham, we want our future venue to reimagine what a cultural community space looks and feels like, one that is programmed with and for the communities we serve.
Enable us to
- Showcase artists, supported to lead bold projects in collaboration with communities through socially-based practice
- Double our programme and quality of opportunities by increasing space, resources, mentorship, and commissioning opportunities
- Broaden income generation where new entrepreneurial potential is unlocked through earned income streams, increased fundraising, and productive partnerships
- Allocate creative space and time for first access, progression, commissioning and showcasing that nurtures artists and audiences
- Welcome artists and local communities to creatively collaborate on shaping and delivering our artistic vision, engaging residents to inspire positive social change in our area
- Create sustainable cultural production with a venue, operation and programme that models best practice environmental approaches