Peckham Platform is committed to protecting your personal information. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our audience members and supporters, as well as each visitor who uses the Peckham Platform websites.
Aside from helping us deliver our programme of exhibitions, forums, and educational events the information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalised and rewarding experience e.g. information about opportunities that may interest you.
Registering with Peckham Platform has many benefits, not least the opportunity to receive information about our work. You can register or unsubscribe with us at any time on our mailing list page.
Peckham Platform is a UK registered charity under the name Peckham Platform Ltd (Charity Number 1154301). Peckham Platform is the data controller of your personal information.
Contact details for the Peckham Platform:
By phone +44 (0)207 3589645 or you can email us via: email@example.com
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include when you sign up to receive emails from us or when you attend an event.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- Make a donation
- Make an online purchase
- Complete an audience data survey at one of our exhibitions
- Attend an event
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Apply to one of our opportunities (job opportunities, peer forums)
3. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered, see previous section 2. We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction.
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
If you are a student we may also collect:
- Name of college/university
- Area of college/university
- Course name
- Course faculty
- Course level
- Course end date
- Name of tutor
Information we obtain independently from you:
Third Party Organisations
- We may combine information you have given to us with this additional information available from external sources. This will only be done when you give permission to the relevant third party organisations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
- From time to time we may screen our database and cleanse our files for inaccurate data. We may also update inaccurate data if the information is available.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones: inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (e.g. change of event time).
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways: Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email about what’s on, news, opportunities or about supporting us.
Before contacting a small number of individuals, we may seek additional information from Peckham Platform’s connections, director, board of trustees and shareholder information. This helps us understand the background of the people who may choose to support us and helps us to make requests for gifts to those who may be able and willing to give. Contact will only be made on a one-to-one basis where we have justifiable reason (including legitimate interest).
5. How We Handle Your Information and Other Organisations
Peckham Platform will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with like- minded arts organisations whose event, talk or exhibition you will have seen at a Peckham Platform exhibition or in collaboration with us at another venue.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for Peckham Platform enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of Peckham Platform, who we have entered into a contract with them or you, for example payment processing, printers, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
- Service providers and storage services currently in use:
- Third party advertisers (such as Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our audience or to serve relevant adverts to you on third party websites. The information shared with these advertisers is pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
- Where required to do so (for example, if required to do so by the ‘know your donor’ principles under charity law or a court order), or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
Peckham Platform is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.peckhamplatform.com and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100%secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
6. How We Protect Your Data
Peckham Platform is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use e.g. our own network is protected.
As part of the services offered to you through the Peckham Platform website, the personal information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host the website are located in a country outside of the EEA. If Peckham Platform transfers your personal information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice.
Peckham Platform may transfer your data to the USA to organisations such as Facebook, Instagram, or Google. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information.
More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfill our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if purchasing a ticket only, we will typically keep your data for up to ten years from the date of your last transaction whereas if you have pledged a legacy to Peckham Platform, we will hold your details until notified by your executors. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Manager using the contact details outlined in this notice.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
7. Your Choices
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it. If you have subscribed to our mailing list, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply click on the link at the bottom of our emails or on our website.
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
You can also request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting Peckham Platform. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to
At any time you have the right to ask Peckham Platform to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by clicking on the mailing list button on our website, or by contacting us by phone, email or by writing to use using our contact details below.
This notice was updated on 4 October 2020. It may be updated to take into account changes at Peckham Platform for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
When your data is provided to us by another person (for example a recommendation) or a publicly accessible sources (such as Google) we will tell you where we obtained the information within a month of getting it. Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here:
Data Protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public